▶Consumer Survey for May 2018
1. The Composite Consumer Sentiment Index (CCSI) for May 2018 stood at 107.9, higher by 0.8 points than in April.
- Consumer sentiments regarding current living standards and their future outlook remained the same as in April, at 95 and 102 respectively.
- Consumer sentiment as to future household income was one point lower than in the month before at 101, while that concerning future spending was one point higher at 108.
- Consumer sentiment related to current domestic economic conditions was three points up from April at 89, and that regarding future domestic economic conditions was five points up at 101.
2. The expected inflation rate over the following year was 2.6%.
※ 2,200 households nationwide were surveyed between May 11 and 18, 2018, and among them 1,970 responded.
(Source: The Bank of Korea, 29/05/2018)
[ⓒ Pulse by Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]