▶ Economically Active Population Survey in February 2018
1) Economically Active Population Survey in February 2018
- The economically active population marked 27,348 thousand in February, which grew 27 thousand persons or 0.1 percent year-on-year.
- The labor force participation rate stood at 62.0 percent in February, down 0.4%p year-on-year.
2) Employed persons and employment-population ratio
- The number of employed persons totaled 26,083 thousand persons in February, which went up 104 thousand persons or 0.4 percent year-on-year.
- The employment-population ratio recorded 59.2 percent in February, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
3) Unemployed persons and unemployment rate
- The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,265 thousand people in February, which decreased 76 thousand persons or 5.7 percent year-on-year.
- The unemployment rate marked 4.6 percent in February, down 0.3%p year-on-year.
4) Economically inactive population
- The economically inactive population totaled 16,744 thousand people in February, increasing 247 thousand persons or 1.5 percent year-on-year.
(Source: Statistics Korea, 14/03/2018)
[ⓒ Pulse by Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]